In September of 2013 TVS SCS were challenged with creating an Electronic Parts Catalogue (EPC) on behalf of Isuzu Trucks UK (ITUK) using the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) data supplied by Isuzu Motors Japan (IMJ).
The data format and the complexity of the logic contained within it were the main challenges that needed to be overcome.
Throughout the project we worked closely with ITUK to provide visibility of progress and agree processes at each stage.
After a period of data analysis, a scoping document was produced to define a procedure which could take the OEM data and re-create it in a formatted Bill of Material (BOM) structure to support the use of the Electronic Parts Catalogue (EPC). When completed, this was approved by ITUK and confirmed as acceptable.
After a period of rigorous testing the data was loaded into the ‘live’ PDM environment on the 4th June 2014.
The latest version of the EPC was released to the ITUK dealers on the 19th June 2014.
Key benefits for ITUK included:
- On-line stock check
- On-line ordering
- On-line order tracking
- Visibility of availability on back-ordered parts
- On-line pricing information
- On-line Supersession information
- Related / Alternative parts
- Registration Number search functionality
- Modern User Interface (web based)
- Improved Illustration quality (previously lacking in clarity and definition)
- Easy access to documentation